Re: 8i service start on Win2000

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2002 00:54:51 -0700

whitfcd_at_yahoo.com.au (CDW) wrote in message news:<b1fde544.0208011759.27fdbee6_at_posting.google.com>...
> I have my 8.1.7 databse service starting up automatically on Win2000.
> The only problem is that another service (Tibco) starts up immediately
> after Oracle - but it fails because the database is still in 'start
> up' mode.
> [ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress].
>
> Any way to change the behaviour of the Oracle service, so that it only
> reports "started" after database initialization has completed?
>
> thanks
> Chris

I don't think it is a good idea to try to change the behavior of Oracle service...it may very well backfire. However, more logical would be to change the behavior of any dependent service that connects to Oracle.

  1. Open services from Control panel --> Administrative tools
  2. Double click (Tibco) service
  3. Goto Recovery
  4. You can choose what should system do on first, second and subsequent failures.

HTH
//Rauf Sarwar Received on Fri Aug 02 2002 - 02:54:51 CDT