recycle pool

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2002 21:08:07 -0700

Oracle 8.1.7.3.0

I was testing setting up multiple buffer pools when I came across this situation. I configured db_block_buffer and buffer_pool_keep but not buffer_pool_recycle. I then created a new table and assigned it to the recycle pool. Oracle didn't complained. Why?

Another question. I read somewhere that says there is a bug in oracle where v$buffer_pool_statistics does not show the correct statistics in oracle 8.1.7.0.0. Cannot remember where I read it. Is this true?

thanks
Daud Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 23:08:07 CDT