Re: Diagnosing processes

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2002 13:57:16 -0700

"AB" <AB_at_foo.com> wrote in message news:<ai8imi$11vajs$1_at_ID-87429.news.dfncis.de>...
> I am interested in:
> - finding out the health of Oracle processes
> - stopping and restarting runaway processes
> - forcing processes to utilize lower CPU usage
> - and so on.
>
> Related question: in Task Manager in Windows,
> I can see only ORACLE.EXE. Where did
> PMON, DBWR, etc dissapear? In NT architecture,
> are they implemented as threads?

The closest thing I know on Windows is tlist [orace.exe pid] which lists threads in the oracle process. But it doesn't list the names given to each thread. tlist.exe comes from NT Resource Kit.

How do you know RECO is using a lot of CPU? From v$sesstat for RECO's SID? Maybe it keeps trying to resolve in-doubt transactions? Do you see anything in dba_2pc_pending and DBA_2PC_NEIGHBORS?

Yong Huang Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 15:57:16 CDT