Upgrade from Oracle 7.3 to 9i and migrate from HPUX to Linux

From: Don Seiler <don.seiler_at_cellcom.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2002 08:46:02 -0700

Hullo.

I am planning on doing the double-whammy. I want to upgrade from Oracle 7.3.4.5 to Oracle 9i (presumably 9.2.0 unless someone objects).  Currently this is on HP-UX.

I also want to migrate off of HP and onto x86 Linux.

I know that 9i comes with handy documentation on the version upgrade. I'm wondering if it is possible to simultaneously do the platform change. Better question is: Is it wise or insanely dangerous?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks. Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 10:46:02 CDT