buffer pool

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2002 07:19:50 -0700

I was reading the Oracle 8i doc on Designing and Tuning for Performance when I came across a section on how to set the value of db_block_lru_latches and db_writer_processes. My question is how do I know if I have multiple buffer pool (default, keep and recycle)? I never explicitly set it to anything in my table creation script. I guess I only have one (default). Am I correct? Is there a way to confirm this?

My oracle is running on a 8-cpu unix machine. By default, db_block_lru_latches will be set to 4. With 1 db writer, will I see any performance improvement at all by increasing db_block_lru_latches to 16 (# of cpu x 2)? Is there any relation between db_writer_processes and db_block_lru_latches?

rgds
Daud Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 09:19:50 CDT