Re: Oracle automatically creates new users every day?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:24:01 +1000

Hi Wailakig,

You've got to admit, Internetmaster's advice was pretty good :)

May I suggest the best way to stop it is to find out how (and more to the point why) exactly this is happening. Note that Oracle doesn't create users on it's own (suggestions that there is a Catholic version of Oracle are totally unfounded), there must be something running CREATE USER yetanotherone ... from somewhere.

Look in DBA_USERS to verify that in fact there are a whole bunch of users, use perhaps logminer to determine how they're being created.

Can't help thing 'why' is the most curious question though ...

Good Luck