Re: Unusual Log Switching

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:15:03 +1000

Hi Eric,

I don't know, these Oracle gremlins can be most naughty and irritating at times :)

May I suggest using Log Miner to have a squiz at the logs being created to determine what exactly is going on. The answer is in those redo logs.

You can read up on Log Miner in the Administration Guide.

Good Luck

Richard
"Eric Kimble" <ekimble_at_wfl.fha.dot.gov> wrote in message news:3D48637F.5F8B7ABE_at_wfl.fha.dot.gov...
> Rick, The system is non OPS so only single thread. I am the only DBA and
have
> not been playing around with switching logfiles manually. It doesn't
happen at
> the same time each month. One month it will be at 9am and the next it will
be
> at 2am. I'm having difficulty finding a good pattern with it. I do assume
the
> logs are actually full, the archived size is 2M for each file. I suppose I
> could go through with logminer and take a look and see what is going on?
So to