9i TNSlistener keeps shutting down by itself on Windows 2000

From: Len D <leondobr_at_covad.net>
Date: 31 Jul 2002 22:34:20 -0500

The Oracle Tech Network version of 9.2 install is driving me crazy. Everything installs okay except the OEM and that won't install because it keeps giving the NO TNSLISTENER message.

Check the Services and, sure enough, the listener has stopped. Restart the listener. Try again. NO TNSLISTENER message, it has shutdown again.

Same thing running OEM standalone. I can log on to an instance but the listener shuts down pretty soon afterward. Restart it, it shuts down again.

 I never had any problems with 8.0 or 8i. BTW, they're not on either of the machines I'm trying to install 9i on, and never have been. These are freshly installed versions of Windows 2000 Advanced Server with lots of memory and disk..

I haven't got a clue. Can anyone help? Received on Wed Jul 31 2002 - 22:34:20 CDT