Re: NT hot backup

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:06:11 +0100

Never, ever, ever contemplate a hot backup of Oracle files without using either an old fashioned backup script, RMAN or some third party backup software that understands Oracle. If you do it will almost certainly not work, but may in fact bring your database down.

I'd use OCOPY in my backup script but that may be just personal preference.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA