Re: Oracle 8i setup question

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:32:27 +1000

Hi There,

This is getting to be a common question.

You must first configure the Oracle Management Server (OMS) before you can start it. Use the Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant to do this (in the Oracle start folder). Note you will be asked to select a database into which the OEM repository will be created so bear this in mind beforehand.

You then need to start the Management Server service (say via services) and then bingo.

I would strongly suggest a good read of the OEM Configuration Guide before bedtime tonight.

Good Luck

Richard