Re: CHAR vs VARCHAR2 and BITMAP efficiency

From: sheepish <rjc4687_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2002 04:19:58 -0700

Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I would say any choice of datatype would pale into insignificance
> compared to pruduent use of "minimise records per block"
>
> The above statemment made of course with no evidence or testing to back
> it up :-)
>
> hth
> connor

Thanks Connor.

I discovered that option looking at your website (now book marked) about an hour after posting, but my 'at work' news server doesn't carry this group (only useful stuff like es.charla.politica ??) so I rely on the very slow refreshes of google groups so I couldn't save anyone the bother of replying.

Thanks again. Rob. Received on Wed Jul 31 2002 - 06:19:58 CDT