Re: DIRECT=Y with EXP

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:20:34 +1000

Hi Epicentre team A,

In my little tiny weeny opinion, the default does actually make sense. Why, because a conventional import is pretty well guaranteed to work (all things being equal) whereas the direct path method may not. You have issues if the client side character set doesn't match the server side or in some earlier versions if tables contained objects and LOBs and the such (now not so much an issue). BUT because there could be issues with it, it does kinda make sense to have a default that has a better default chance of working.

Then again, I could be wrong ...)

Richard