Re: Analyse takes a long time

From: <basrad_at_oraspec.ind>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:07:26 +0200

analyze in 9.2 must be done on every table with this command:

dbms_stats.gather_table_stats(user,'TABLE', estimate_percent=>dbms_stats.auto_sample_size, method_opt=>'for all columns size auto ' , cascade=>true );

also gather system statics

switch monitor on for the tables and use gather_stale for gathering stale statistics

read manuals, understand the system or go for ms-crap