Re: startup restrict and OEM connections

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:50:01 +0200

"Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote:

>The *OEM users* you connect in on OEM are all stored in the OEM repository
>(along with their passwords, preferred credentials, etc. in a schema you
>create when configuring the OMS), 'assuming' you're connecting in via the
>OMS. Therefore, in order to connect to OEM, the OMS must be started (which
>means the Repository database must be open) and you need to know the logon
>and password of an OEM account. These accounts are not *DB* users and
>therefore your comment on granting restrict privileges to these confuses me
>?

I think we are "in sync". This is my understanding too. I did not mean to grant the connect restrict privilege to the OEM account. But since exactly this account can't be used when the DB is started up restricted, there is some kind of dependency there. *Something* is missing the connect restrict privilege.

>Why does the first step fail (what error message are you getting) ? Your
>assumption that this is because the OEM account in the repository database
>doesn't have restrict privilege is unlikely to be the problem. If you can
>start the OMS, the repository and OEM user should be OK.

OK, I will check if the OMS was started at all when the DB starts restricted, and I will write down the exact message I get.

Bye
Rick Received on Tue Jul 30 2002 - 16:50:01 CDT