ArcServe Oracle Backup Agent

From: Shoval Tomer <shoval_at_softov.co.il>
Date: 30 Jul 2002 11:59:00 -0700

Hi, All.

Arcserver backup agent won't backup my control files. It complains that not all tablespaces were backed up. I didn't ask him to backup the temporary table space because it was set up as a locally managed tablespace with uniform size allocation (in multiples of sort_area_size for performance).

is there a way around this, or should I revert back to autoallocate or, god forbeed, dictionary managment.

Oracle, in the DBA III (performance & tuning) states that the **best** way to create a temporary tablespace is using locally managed with uniform size allocation.

We run Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Win2K.

Thanks. Received on Tue Jul 30 2002 - 13:59:00 CDT