RAID setup for small database

From: Tweetie Pooh <tp601553_at_cia.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:58:27 GMT

I've read some papers on this and they sort of conclude what I suspected but what is less than practical (ie lots of small disks on own controllers/channels). The illustrations are also for much bigger systems (100+ disks).

What I have is a SUN A1000 array with 10x18Gb.

As with other questions raised the data once put in here is static (apart from SYSTEM etc). What we need is a setup that is fairly resilient and gives the best reporting throughput. Managers don't want to wait too long for data.

Any suggestions for setting up this array? I have RAID 0, 1, 3 and 5 available. Space will not be an issue but since the data is constant I tend to export the database just post a dataload.

I know this is not really sufficient information but I don't really know what I am doing. I have done some reading but need a setup that can be explained to non-Oracle people and so they can do some tasks if failures arise when I am not available.

I am not really a DBA just have to do some DBA type tasks. Received on Tue Jul 30 2002 - 09:58:27 CDT