Re: oracle9i too big?

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 30 Jul 2002 03:57:25 -0700

wangbin_at_start.com.au (wangbin) wrote in message news:<2d15bd69.0207291659.2a9ea81a_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi
>
> I install 9.0.1 on my desktop sun ultra5. I try to only install the
> basic options I need. The size is about 2G, which is huge. Then I
> search files whose size is bigger than 10M. Ammongst them, I think the
> following are useless to me. Let's see the two *.dfj, the total size
> of them is 600M. After backup, I remove them. The database looks fine.
>
> 351656000 ./9.0.1/assistants/dbca/templates/Data_Warehouse.dfj
> 247842427 ./9.0.1/assistants/dbca/templates/Transaction_Processing.dfj

These are database template for Oracle Database Configuration Assistant.
If you do not plan to use DBCA for creating new databases you can safely delete these two files from your system.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.