Error ORA-12154 when connecting on the server

From: Paulo <preichert_at_libero.it>
Date: 30 Jul 2002 02:53:16 -0700

Please guys,

I'm almost a newbie on Oracle and I'm having the following problem:

I've installed a server Windows 2K with Oracle 8.1.7 and it's configured and appears to be working properly.

On my desktop (Windows 2K Professional) I've installed the client tools (default installation of Oracle Client 8.1.7).

In Net8 Assistant, I've used the wizard to create the service name to connect to a database on the server. When I try to test the connection from inside Net8 Assistant to the database it works fine.

When I try to connect to the database from SQL*Plus or ODBC it gives me an error that says that the service name could not be resolved:

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

Did someone foud a problem like mine?

Thanks. Received on Tue Jul 30 2002 - 04:53:16 CDT