Re: Dual table analyzed

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:13:44 +1000

Hi Jay,

The problem with stats in sys is that Oracle's own recursive code can go nuts with CBO potentially kicking in inappropriately. Any stats on any referenced sys tables can have this effect and I would strongly recommend deleting them even from dual as Oracle may reference this (in)directly.

Better safe than sorry and with any statistics in sys you're likely to be sorry.

Cheers

Richard