Re: Another Referential Integrity Question

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:23:28 +1000

Hi again Internetmaster.

No, Oracle doesn't automatically provide an Update Cascade FK option and yes, triggers is a good way to implement this in Oracle.

I know DB2 offers Update Cascade capabilities although I'm not sure how it implements this. I'm not sure why Oracle doesn't offer this (it's only recently provided the delete set null capability).

Regards

Richard