Re: set a rollback segment for a specific user

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:25:20 +0100

"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:ai3umh0ipu_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> Totally agree again. The problem Development faces I believe is that
there just
> aren't enough Jonathan's out there (when are we gonna be able to clone
this
> guy?!)

<DISCLAIMER I am not Jonathan /DISCLAIMER>

However I'd be willing to bet that a lot of Jonathan's extensive knowledge comes from some key attributes that ISTM he possesses.

  1. He reads and learns. You know - the documentation.
  2. He tries things out in a controlled way and documents them to see if they work as advertised.. This is really the key test.
  3. Um and he takes things to the limit

Vis from 2001

"Have you seen what happens
to I/O on the SYSTEM tablespace when your database has 25,000 tablespaces !!!

(Unless you set events 10061 and 10269, or hack sql.bsq of course).
"

I somehow rather suspect that the above scenario wasn't part of QA for 9i.

In other words there will be more Jonathans when more of us start documenting our claims, testing and refining them. This probably requires the db to be more flexible and more documented rather than less.

Cheers.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA