Re: set a rollback segment for a specific user

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:07:03 +0100

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3D45A3E1.75CD45D0_at_exesolutions.com...
> I agree and would add that ... part of the reason people perceive Oracle
as hard,
> and/or expensive, to manage is that in truth they never received decent
training. An
> OCP class is not training. Oracle Education is truly not training.

I disagree Oracle education is training (/pedant though it may not be education /pedant). The trouble is education only gets you so far. As Connor said to me in an entirely different post "experience is what you get when you were expecting something else". training doesn't substitute for experience - it merely prompts it. IMO anyway.

I wan't to be clear though I learned a lot from oracle training. It was worth the money. Actually let me say that again with emphasis ORACLE TRAINING IS WORTH THE CASH. The problem is that folk think you can do 3 weeks worth of classes and end up with Jonathon/Nuno/Sybrand/Connor's level of expertise. You can't. It does on the whole though prevent you from commiting planned stupidity;this is A Good Thing (tm) The problem is not the training its the expectations. We can argue over who is responsible for these. I won't be budged on oracle education being value for money though.

> And for those of us earning in six figures
Please don't do this to me you know it hurts <g>.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA