Apache problem with Oracle 8i - URL fails

From: J. C. Kelly <jordan.c.kelly_at_saic.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2002 13:52:36 -0700

I have had Apache 1.3.20 running well with Oracle 8i. I have been able to access Oracle procedures with a URL of the form

http://<server>/<dad>/procedure

Because of the security hole in Apache, I upgraded to 1.3.26. Now to access a procedure, I have to enter

http://<server>/cgi-bin/wdbcgiw/<dad>/procedure

Entering the previous URL doesn't work - apache doesn't find the web page.

somehow, an alias previously set was somehow lost in the upgrade. Looking at the old (Apache 1.3 20) httpd.conf, it is obvious that I had not set the alias there, and trying to set the alias in the Apache 1.3.26 version of httpd.conf does not solve the problem.

Fot the life of me, I can't recall how I set this alias. Does anyone know how it is done? Received on Mon Jul 29 2002 - 15:52:36 CDT