Re: VARCHAR2(1) vs CHAR(1)

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:27:02 GMT

Stjepan Brbot wrote:

> Sorry! Although it is probably newbie question, but I will not hesitate
> to ask; what are bind variables? or what you assume under term bind
> variable?
>
> --
>
> Stjepan Brbot

If you learn little else ... learn about bind variables. It is impossible to make an Oracle application scalable and fast without them. Not difficult ... impossible.

To learn more look at Tom Kyte's book and go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and look up "Bind Variable".

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jul 29 2002 - 15:27:02 CDT