Re: LMT problems ...

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2002 11:02:29 -0700

In article <E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA7026E5B29_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk>, Norman says...

>Morning Pete,
>
>Why does everyone think I'm a trouble maker then ?

Standard response of any Aussie to anything from someone in the UK. Still remember the old joke - how do you tell a plane that's just landed from England? You can still hear the whining when the engines are turned off. :)

>I've got a TAR : 2493629.999
>And a possible bug number - although this one involves LOBs and I
>haven't got any : 2316248 and is currently unpublished.
>It is not bug 1502537 as none of the workaround work, and the stack is
>different.
>
>Latest info is that I can reproduce this fault - with new users, new
>tablespace etc, on my 8174 database which was built under 8174. I'm so
>far not able to re-create it on any of my 8174 databases which were
>upgraded from 8173. I'm going to build a brand new 8174 database and see
>if I can confirm this 'fact' today.

Had a look at the TAR. Seems you've tried just about everything that I would suggest anyway! From a personal viewpoint, I'd say it's a new bug, but then again the Support guys know more than me about it anyway! The only thing I can suggest that hasn't been done is to try and reproduce it on another HP box. Unfortunately, I don't have one to play with, but maybe someone else here does?

Pete

>Cheers,
>Norman.

>Norman Dunbar
>Database/Unix administrator
>Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
>mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
>Tel: 0113 289 6265
>Fax: 0113 289 3146

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Mon Jul 29 2002 - 13:02:29 CDT