Oracle jobs

From: Steve <sh_at_nojunk.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:03:39 GMT

I have a query regarding scheduled jobs in Oracle (8.1.7). I have a user which is restricted to 1 concurrent session. That user is also listed in dba_jobs as the 'log_user' of a job. First question: is this the owner of the job?
Second question: When Oracle tries to run the job, does it open another session? Because this job is failing while that user is connected (say, through SQL Plus), so I figure it must, but I didn't know Oracle did this.

TIA,
Steven. Received on Mon Jul 29 2002 - 10:03:39 CDT