Re: converting from DB2 to Oracle: TIMESTAMP

From: Oliver Otto <ootto_at_genese.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:33:48 +0200

> >Since Oracle's DATE will only resolve time to seconds, it would appear that the
> >TIMESTAMP fields will have to become either CHAR or NUMBER datatypes (with an
> >application-understood format, and few lines of code coming and going to handle
> >it) I'm looking for best ideas to get the milliseconds, or a resonable
> >facsimilie thereof.

We did the same but this is not very comfortable because we do have to support other databases as well. So we do have different types in different databases. A solution to simply store timestamp(6) using Oracle 9 would be the better way.

But how to do this ..?

Oliver Received on Mon Jul 29 2002 - 05:33:48 CDT