Re: startup restrict and OEM connections

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:50:04 +1000

Hi Rick,

Look at your initial post, look at my comment, then look at your second post. It's all a bit ambiguous isn't it !! And of course I read it as you wanting to connect to databases that are in restricted mode via OEM, while guessing the version of OEM. If you're having problems connecting to OEM, simply say so and provide the necessary info (such as error messages).

The *OEM users* you connect in on OEM are all stored in the OEM repository (along with their passwords, preferred credentials, etc. in a schema you create when configuring the OMS), 'assuming' you're connecting in via the OMS. Therefore, in order to connect to OEM, the OMS must be started (which means the Repository database must be open) and you need to know the logon and password of an OEM account. These accounts are not *DB* users and therefore your comment on granting restrict privileges to these confuses me ?

Why does the first step fail (what error message are you getting) ? Your assumption that this is because the OEM account in the repository database doesn't have restrict privilege is unlikely to be the problem. If you can start the OMS, the repository and OEM user should be OK.

More info please.

Richard