Re: Adding disks in RAID for data files

From: Md Irfan <irfan_pk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2002 22:22:00 -0700

"Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<9JS%8.43797$Hj3.132778_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...

> Now I know there maybe reasons why you can't upgrade but if you at all can,
> you really should and all these problems go away (only to be replaced by
> other problems but that's a different story).

But we are in the process of upgrading our Oracle version plus the plan of purchasing of new hardware probably with RAC. But thats going to take time like 1 or 1.5 years, so we thought of doing this. Or what I normally do is delete the history records after backing up to some other device.
But I really wonder for the reason why PMON or LGWR aborts automatically sometimes. The Action is just to restart the instance, but the Cause is not clear? Received on Sun Jul 28 2002 - 00:22:00 CDT