Re: Connecting to database takes 5 seconds

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 20:35:50 +1000

In article <ODn09.678859$cQ3.105935_at_sccrnsc01>, you said (and I quote):
> Good catch.
> I guess that means it is trying to authenticate to another server. Ouch.

IIRC the authentication thing in NT only kicks in if it has been turned on in the listener.ora file? Of course, if it's on and it's set to NONE then it will have no overhead.

Any ideas why it would take so long (7 secs)? It shouldn't, unless there is something weird with the PDC?
I mean, he has two workgroups but that shouldn't kill it that much, should it? Then again, if there is no trust relationship, it times out.

BTW, good catch Niall. I'd have waited until the listener.ora was in to turn that off.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto