how to declare cursor ?

From: dragon ball <perseus_medusa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 13:27:43 +0800

Hi all , I am learning to write PL/SQL and when I declare the following :

CURSOR foo_cur IS

    SELECT * FROM DEPT, EMPLOYEE
    WHERE DEPT.dept_no = EMPLOYEE.dept_no

the compiler complain me of duplicating column ( I guess is the confused dept_no between two table) . So is there anyway shorter to declare all the column in dept and employee without writing explicitly each column ? Since I think the list will be very very long if the joining involve several tables and I require all columns.

Thanks

Perseus Received on Sat Jul 27 2002 - 00:27:43 CDT