Re: Need middleware to write to database

From: Roger Crowley <rcrowley-enkidu_at_learningframework.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:51:38 GMT

Knowledge Seeker wrote:
> We are looking for some type of middleware product that would enable
> our application server to write out XML records that the middleware
> would then be able to write to a customer-chosen database. Our
> customers have asked us about supporting the following databases (so
> we would want this potential middleware piece to handle at least
> these): MS SQLServer, Oracle, DB2, Informix, Interbase, PostgreSQL,
> Sybase, MS Access, and Foxpro.
>
> Obviously, we would prefer for the application to not have to know how
> to interface with all of these databases (hence the search for some
> 3rd party middleware product).
>
> What are our options??

Well, now, that is asking for a lot. :) Let's see a middleware product that can import data in any format and talk to any backend database? Actually, I'm being a bit flippant ... sorry. I think you might want to look into EDI software (the stuff banks and credit card agencies use). They have to be able to handle input in any format and produce output in any format. Of course, many of the banks and credit card companies are switching from EDI to XML ... so it might be hard to find.

It was a very long time ago that I worked with EDI ... so I can't remember any of the product names ... but you might find help on Google.

BTW, I removed all the cross-posted newsgroups and am replying only to the one I monitor.

-Roger Crowley Received on Fri Jul 26 2002 - 16:51:38 CDT