Re: desc stored procedure via query

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:06:38 -0500

try something like:
select substr(text,Instr(text,'IN ') -2 ,Instr(text,'IS ' -2)) from dba_source where name = 'procedureName'; ( assumes CAPS for IN and IS for first string after OUT paramslist ) You will probably need to experiment with restricting how far into the text it looks to find the IN by using substr(instr( substr(text,start,end),'IN'

hth,

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Fri Jul 26 2002 - 16:06:38 CDT