Re: ORA-03113 in intermedia

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:20:38 +0400

3113 means Oracle shadow process died without a warning (provided that you are sure network communications were not interrupted). This usually means process dumped core due to some internal error. Check alert log on the server for any indications of this, and locate trace files related to this if there are any. Then you gotta open a TAR with Oracle support and provide core dumps, trace files and possibly reproducible test case that causes core dump or at least steps/query that led to it. Apply latest patchset for your Oracle release before opening TAR - you may be hitting known and already fixed bug...