Re: Connecting to database takes 5 seconds

From: Wolfram Roesler <wr_at_grp.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:54:25 +0200

Hi,

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in news:3d415c36$0$225$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net:

> try changing SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
>
> to SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)

Wow! That did it! Really blows your hat off now! Connection time instantly shrunk from 7 to less than 0.5 seconds.

I suspect it has something to do with DB server and client workstation being in different NT workgroups, and one of them looking for a PDC or similar to authenticate access, finally running into some timeout.

Thanks a lot to all who helped!

Best regards and have a nice weekend
W. Roesler Received on Fri Jul 26 2002 - 10:54:25 CDT