Re: LMT problems ...

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 26 Jul 2002 08:17:01 -0700

In article <E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA7026BF72D_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk>, Norman says...

>Hi Richard,
>
>Trouble maker - me ?

Yes you. :)

Do you have an actual bug number yet, or a TAR number?

Pete

>I have a rep for breaking software - when I first joined this company
>they told me 'go play with the software and see if you can find any
>bugs' so I logged over 40 in my first morning. The MD came to see me in
>the afternoon and asked me to keep it up :o)
>
>The only things these tables have in common is :
>
>- the same tablespace
>- they are reasonably biggish (about 40,000 rows)
>- they are analyzed (sic) compute but estimate is the same
>- they have DATEs, VARCHAR2 and NUMBER(m,n). Some have a LONG column but
>not all (yes I know, but we're getting there !)
>- no CLOBS etc
>
>It happens if the table is exported and imported into a new user so I'm
>presuming that there is something about the table structure that is
>causing LMTs grief - I just havent tracked it down yet.
>

>Support were of the opinion that I was hitting bug 1502537 - but that
>was because the alertfile said there was a trace file, but there wasn't.
>I managed to recreate one in another session and this time got a trace.
>When support saw it, they reckon I have a new problem and one which is
>present in 9i as well. When I told them it works fine on DMT it gave
>them something else to worry about :o)
>
>I think we're still in the info gathering stage really, but it is
>unlikely that we will be affected by the problem - unless, like 1502537,
>it turns up on DELETEs as well. Even then, we don't delete much in our
>system :o(
>

>Cheers,
>Norman.

>Norman Dunbar
>Database/Unix administrator
>Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
>mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
>Tel: 0113 289 6265
>Fax: 0113 289 3146

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Fri Jul 26 2002 - 10:17:01 CDT