Re: Just passed 8i OCP

From: Charles J. Fisher <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:05:14 GMT

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, charlie.peltier wrote:

> Barely. Even though I have been working with 817 for almost 2 years, it
> is still hard. Too many questions on something barely used. The exam
> emphasize heavily on composite partition, and their index partition
> options, who will use composite partition that much?

That's funny; there were no questions on partitions of any sort in any of the 5 exams that I took, nor do I remember them on the 8i study guides.

The one I love the best is the section in the performance & tuning exam which asserts that OLTP needs small block sizes and DSS needs large, which is directly contradicted by www.ixora.com.au (filesystem buffer size).

Oracle, you should be ashamed of yourself.

   / Charles J. Fisher              | "A fanatic is one who can't change his /
  /  cfisher_at_rhadmin.org            |  mind and won't change the subject."  /
 /   http://rhadmin.org             |                 -- Winston Churchill /