Re: Backup Script

From: Charles J. Fisher <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:48:50 GMT

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Paul Brewer wrote:

> Looks like a useful and well documented script, but what about:
> connect / as sysdba
> or
> sqlplus '/ as sysdba' (most unix I think)?

This syntax doesn't work in Oracle 7 (nor does "connect internal"). I have more Oracle 7 databases to backup than anything else.

Oracle really rags on me about O7 anytime I open a support call.

   / Charles J. Fisher              | "A fanatic is one who can't change his /
  /  cfisher_at_rhadmin.org            |  mind and won't change the subject."  /
 /   http://rhadmin.org             |                 -- Winston Churchill /