Re: set a rollback segment for a specific user

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:34:55 +0100

You have only two options that I am aware of.

  1. Only run your large transactions in off hours having first taken all other rollback segments offline. This may well not be attractive to you.
  2. Size all rollback segments equally and large enough to hold the data required for your largest transaction. This would be the preferred advice in these days of exceptionally cheap storage.
--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA