Re: Limiting Resource for a Oarticular User

From: Ronnie Yours <ronnie_yours_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:13:19 -0400

Thanks Richard,Howard,
If thats the case then Profiles are out for me... because I still want the session to continue and not terminate but not use all the resources.

What I am looking for is that the user in question should not take up more than... lets say 50% of the CPU no matter how big or expensive its queries/statements are. This will obviously slow down its performance but that doesnt matter because its not running any high priority stuff. In this way atleast 50% is still available for the other users.In case when the user is not connected all the 100% resources are available to the other users.

I think we can do this in Resource manager but wanted to take your opinions on it . It would be nice to know about any pitfalls if any. I think I came across HJR's post some time ago regarding the success/failure stories on Oracle Resource Manager but am not able to search for it on Google. Was i dreaming....

Also with Oracle Resource manager we can manage the CPU only. Is there a way to manage the memory usage also or not .

Please suggest
Ronnie