Re: Analysing an existing Oracle system

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 26 Jul 2002 06:11:41 -0700

"Exodus" <no.mail_at_sorry.nochance.flip> wrote in message news:<7K%%8.778$AJ3.19070_at_newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net>...

> I'm about to take on a new job, and one of the projects is to remove an old
> system, which runs on top of an Oracle database. Now I'm going to have to
> move all the processes and data usage to another system, but being a total
> newbie to Oracle, I wondered what tools/techniques existed for analysing
> existing systems?

What do you mean by "Analysing an existing Oracle system"? You mean transfering Oracle database to another server? Or you will implement a brand new system and want to gather statistics of usage of current one?

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.