LMT problems ...

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:36:42 +0100

Hi Richard,

Trouble maker - me ?
I have a rep for breaking software - when I first joined this company they told me 'go play with the software and see if you can find any bugs' so I logged over 40 in my first morning. The MD came to see me in the afternoon and asked me to keep it up :o)

The only things these tables have in common is :

It happens if the table is exported and imported into a new user so I'm presuming that there is something about the table structure that is causing LMTs grief - I just havent tracked it down yet.

Support were of the opinion that I was hitting bug 1502537 - but that was because the alertfile said there was a trace file, but there wasn't. I managed to recreate one in another session and this time got a trace. When support saw it, they reckon I have a new problem and one which is present in 9i as well. When I told them it works fine on DMT it gave them something else to worry about :o)

I think we're still in the info gathering stage really, but it is unlikely that we will be affected by the problem - unless, like 1502537, it turns up on DELETEs as well. Even then, we don't delete much in our system :o(

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator