Re: Creating a **DEFAULT** database

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:50:06 +1000

Hi Mshetty (are you really that sharp :)

Couple of points.

If you need to recreate your database everytime it crashes, you may want to consider how will it's protected and how good your recovery skills are. The simple solution to your problem would be to perform an appropriate database recovery.

With regard to creating a new "default" database, use the Database Configuration Assistant and the custom option will create a "default" database for you. This is the easiest way for those new to Oracle.

With respect to the number of default databases, you can create as many databases as you wish (resources permitting). Each database is uniquely identified with an ORACLE_SID value (which you select when creating the database).

Go ahead and create a new database but this time look after it :)

Good Luck

Richard