paging, minperm and maxperm

From: David Wang <ywang_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:20:55 GMT

NEED HELP!!!
Our 7.3.4 on AIX 4.3 with 2GB RAM. Most of jobs are batch jobs, concurrent users are about 10.
I upgrade db_block_buffer to 1GB and shared_pool_size to 48MB. After changes, I found there is
no improvement and one job even runs slower. I also found there are heavy paging when jobs start.
Could anybody explain to me why that happened and Could I avoid paging by resetting "minperm"
and "maxperm"(by through vmtune), e.g. minperm=10%, maxperm=40%, current values are 20%
and 70%? Thanks in advance!!! Received on Thu Jul 25 2002 - 23:20:55 CDT