LMT problems ...

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:54:24 +0100

It's me again!

I've got a new problem on HPUX 11 64bit and Oracle 8.1.7.4 64bit that I've raised a TAR on, but I thought you might appreciate a heads up.

I have a number of tables - about 2000 - in LMTs, uniform size too, about 130 of them are affected but the problem.

"Alter table x deallocate unused keep n" fails with Ora-00600 [kcbgcur_2] errors on some but not all tables. This is consistent. It looks like bug 1502537, but the trace file and Oracle Support say that it isn't.

There is nothing special in the table structure - some tables have a LONG while the others don't. No LOBS, CLOBS or BFILES and no user defined types either.

Analyze table validate structure is ok.
Analyze table estimate statistics (the work around for the above bug) also works, as does
Analyze table compute statistics

but still the problem occurs.

I have managed to 'fix' it by creating a dictionary managed tablespace and creating the table in there - this time the deallocate works fine and there are no errors.
Oracle Support - who are doing a fine job - have indicated that this is a problem on 9i as well - but need to check further.

Enjoy !

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar