Re: create user and grant

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:45:16 -0500

And bear in mind that only the 'owner' of the data can GRANT access to it , so for ryan to see john's tables, JOHN has to do the granting..even the DBA can't.. Same thing applies to creating things - they can only be created in your own schema, so ryan, for instance, no matter what rights he has, cannot issue a 'CREATE TABLE JOHN.TABLE2' statement only John could..

The docs are a great resource..Use them..

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Thu Jul 25 2002 - 10:45:16 CDT