create user and grant

From: gulyas gabor <gabor.gulyas_at_sysdata.siemens.hu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:13:03 +0200

Hi all,

I am new to oracle, so I would like to ask a little help. I use oracle 8.1.7 on unix platform with SQLplus. There is a database called kurbie and if I use the 'sqlplus john/john_at_kurbie' command I can administrate some tables, views, etc. But if I use 'sqlplus bill/bill_at_kurbie' as command then different tables, views, etc. are available.

I think that bill and john are different users, they use the same database, but they have different rights, so both of them can reach their own things, and the others are unavailable for them. Is it right ?

So it is the present situation, and here is my question: I would like to use this kurbie database as mentioned above, but I need a third case to the existing two.
with 'sqlplus ryan/ryan_at_kurbie' I want to see nothing from the data of john and bill, but I want to create ryan's data.

If you know how to do this, please answer me. (Ithink I should create a new user and then grant rights, but I don't know how to do this exactly.)

thanks a lot,
Gabor Received on Thu Jul 25 2002 - 09:13:03 CDT