Re: Are Triggers Really that Bad or ....???

From: Ronnie Yours <ronnie_yours_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:41:12 -0400

Thanks a Lot guys,
What are the reasons why each one of you and my Senior Developer supports this kind of functionality in Triggers and not the Code itself. I understand from your replies that nowadays triggers are not that Bad an dont affect the performace as I was thinking. But such a thing should still be in the Code and not the Database.

Please note that I have to insert/update the columns in the same transaction. I am not trying to preserve the old rows or maintaining a audit in a different table.

Please suggest
Thanks
Ronnie