Exporting Stored Procedures from oracle to interbase

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:28:40 +0100

Sameer,

you will have to rewrite your Oracle stored procs to get them to run under Interbase.
Interbase *can* have functions like INSTR etc, but these are normally supplied in a UDF lib (or DLL).

Have you checked out the latest Firebird release - this comes with many bugs fixed, a whole load of functions built in - and a large UDF lib supplied as standard.

Check out http://firebird.sourceforge.net/index.php

You can also download the entire set of manuals for Interbase 6.0 here - it's about 10 MB compressed :

http://firebird.sourceforge.net/index.php?op=doc&id=userdoc

But they are available as individual manuals too - from the same site.

Have fun.

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar