Re: Did Anybody install 9iAsR2 (infrastructure+middle-tier) on Windows?

From: Jason Pepper <jason.pepper_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:13:52 +0100

9iAS r2 will be re-released on the UNIX platforms, with the interoperability patch pre-applied, along with some other fixes.

You mention errors but then don't specifically say what those errors are ?

Did you look in the logs ?

What error do you get in the browser ?

Check you have started OID, without it the SSO cannot attempt to authorise you.

-JP
  "Henry Kam" <kam1_at_whwpe.lucent.com> wrote in message news:3D3F1CC0.C2CCF128_at_whwpe.lucent.com...   I means the installation of 9iAsR2 on UNIX Platform needs serveral hours   to perform PATCHES ( because I did install 9iAsR2 on Linux) both after the installations of infrastructure and   middle-tier.. while the installation of 9iAsR2 on Windows does not require   PATCHES !!!!
  I tried to get to the login portal page from DEMO and from SSO, both   ended with the same error.... Please note that 9iASR2 is completely   different from 9iAsR1!!!

  The reports server was not up due to the problem of installation as mentioned   in one of the document in metalink...The reports server is up after modifying   %INFRASTRUCTURE_HOME/sysman/emd/targets.xml and restart EM !!!

  Maybe should wait for the next release, I quess...

  sg wrote:

    why do you think windows is released 6, 7 weeks after other platforms     are out, it is released patched
    you have some concept problem here,     host_name.wwsso_app_admin.is_login:7777     is your SSO Server, when you logon to Portal your user has to be     authentificated in SSO Server that's why you are redirected to above     address and port. are you you have your http server started in     infrastructure node?

    report server cannot start or stopped from enterprise manager, several     bugs. look on metalink

    ias r2 is pretty shitty anyways